Wagner team alerts it will stay in Bakhmut just after threat to quit

Wagner team alerts it will stay in Bakhmut just after threat to quit


Ukrainian soldiers of the 80th brigade firing artillery in the course of Bakhmut as the Russia-Ukraine war carries on in Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine on April 13, 2023.

Anadolu Company | Anadolu Agency | Getty Photographs

The head of Russia’s Wagner mercenary group appeared on Sunday to ditch plans to withdraw his forces from Bakhmut in jap Ukraine soon after obtaining guarantees right away that they would get all the arms required to seize the devastated city.

Yevgeny Prigozhin announced on Friday that his fighters, who have spearheaded the months-very long assault on Bakhmut, would pull out mainly because he reported his adult males experienced been starved of ammunition and had endured “worthless and unjustified” losses as a outcome.

Prigozhin, who has publicly heaped scorn on Russia’s Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and the prime military brass about their perform of the war in Ukraine, mentioned officials in Moscow consumed by “petty jealousy” had been keeping back again very important materials to his males.

Nonetheless in an audio message posted on his Telegram channel on Sunday, Prigozhin reported: “Overnight we received a beat purchase, for the to start with time in all this time.”

“We have been promised as a great deal ammunition and weapons as we require to continue even more functions. We have been promised that every thing desired to protect against the enemy from cutting us off (from supplies) will be deployed on the flank,” he included.

The battle for Bakhmut, which Russia sees as a stepping stone to other metropolitan areas in Ukraine’s Donbas area however over and above its command, has been the most rigorous of the conflict, costing countless numbers of life on the two sides in months of grinding warfare.

Ukrainian troops have been pushed back in recent months but have clung on in the city to inflict as a lot of Russian losses as probable forward of Kyiv’s prepared major press against the invading forces alongside the 1,000 km (620 mile) front line.

Prigozhin also claimed on Sunday that Russia’s Defence Ministry experienced assigned Typical Sergei Surovikin to get the job done alongside Wagner.

“This is the only person with the star of an army general who is aware of how to fight,” he included.

Surovikin commanded Russia’s Ukraine marketing campaign for several months right before the main of the General Staff, Military Basic Valery Gerasimov, was given over-all operational command above him.



Source

Trump says airspace above and surrounding Venezuela to be closed in its entirety
World

Trump says airspace above and surrounding Venezuela to be closed in its entirety

U.S. President Donald Trump looks on aboard Air Force One during travel to Palm Beach, Florida, from Joint Base Andrews, Maryland, U.S., November 25, 2025. Anna Rose Layden | Reuters U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday that the airspace above and surrounding Venezuela is to be closed in its entirety. Trump, in a Truth […]

Read More
U.S. investor Wood lambastes Swatch, proposes overhaul to company’s board, FT reports
World

U.S. investor Wood lambastes Swatch, proposes overhaul to company’s board, FT reports

Swatch external store sign Peter Dazeley | Getty Images News | Getty Images U.S. investor Steven Wood accused Swatch Group of “worst-in-class governance”, proposing changes to the Swiss watchmaker’s board and governance reforms, the Financial Times reported on Saturday. Wood, the founder of GreenWood Investors, which says it holds about 0.5% of Swatch‘s share capital, has […]

Read More
Hong Kong blaze spotlights enduring role of city’s foreign domestic helpers
World

Hong Kong blaze spotlights enduring role of city’s foreign domestic helpers

Firefighters spray water on flames as a major fire burns through several apartment blocks at the Wang Fuk Court residential estate. Sopa Images | Lightrocket | Getty Images Indonesian domestic helper Fita spoke of the confusion inside the Hong Kong high-rise apartment complex as it was engulfed in flames on Wednesday in the city’s deadliest […]

Read More