Ukraine dismisses Trump-Putin romance, brushes off U.S. election fears

Ukraine dismisses Trump-Putin romance, brushes off U.S. election fears


Minister of International Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba attends a joint briefing with Minister of Overseas Affairs of the Netherlands Hanke Bruins Slot.

Upcoming Publishing | Getty Illustrations or photos

Ukraine’s International Minister Dmytro Kuleba told CNBC Thursday that he does not imagine there would be a huge change in support absent from his state if Donald Trump is re-elected as U.S. president afterwards this yr.

Kuleba mentioned: “So do I feel there is a prospective for [Russian President Vladimir] Putin and Trump to concur on a thing powering Ukraine’s back again if Trump results in being president? I don’t.”

“And it really is not just me considering out loud, it is really the truth that dictates the comprehending of the dynamics,” he claimed, talking to CNBC’s Steve Sedgwick at the Earth Economic Discussion board in Davos about Ukraine’s ongoing war with Russia.

Kuleba referred to Trump’s acceptance of sanctions on Nord Stream 2, the main Russian gas pipeline into Europe. He included that Trump was also the “1st to promote deadly weapons to the Ukraine.”

When questioned at Davos on Tuesday about the opportunity for Trump to serve a next phrase, Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy claimed: “Just just one person are unable to transform the whole nation — that is my perception.”

Can Putin and Trump agree a deal behind Ukraine's back? No, says Ukraine's foreign minister

No reason to question U.S. admin assist

Previously on in his interview with CNBC, Kuleba claimed that he sees “no explanations to question the sincerity of the commitments of the Biden administration to proceed helping Ukraine.”

“Nor do I have explanations to believe that that the Republican Celebration as a full does not recognize how essential it is to defeat Russia in Ukraine and not to allow for Russia to carry on destroying the entire world order constructed by The united states.”

“I signify let us be trustworthy, the earth we live in was crafted beneath American management,” he said.

The U.S. administration proceeds to force for further funding in Congress to help Ukraine in its war with Russia, which commenced in Feb. 2022. The U.S. has been a staunch ally of Ukraine throughout the war, supplying more than $75 billion in humanitarian, military and economical guidance. Washington’s hottest supposed assistance for Ukraine — which could amount to $60 billion — has been stranded in Congress, as U.S. President Joe Biden’s administration and Residence Republicans fall short to approve a broader funding settlement.

Zelenskyy takes center stage in Davos as he tries to rally support for its war against Russia

Zelenskyy fulfilled with the two political leaders and important global traders in Davos this week, providing him an opportunity to focus on securing further more aid and financial commitment. Kuleba instructed CNBC that Zelenskyy had heard “encouraging” messages from both of those political and organization leaders at Davos.

“The most critical thing is that you experience, you sense, and you hear the motivation, the motivation to stand by Ukraine, to preserve serving to just one way or one more,” he stated.  

Neither side has noticed meaningful development in the war of late, with Ukraine’s counteroffensive not having played out as anticipated given that final year.

—CNBC’s Ruxandra Iordache contributed to this write-up.



Resource

OpenAI resets spending expectations, tells investors compute target is around 0 billion by 2030
World

OpenAI resets spending expectations, tells investors compute target is around $600 billion by 2030

Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI, is pictured on Sept. 25, 2025, in Berlin. Florian Gaertner | Photothek | Getty Images OpenAI is telling investors that it’s now targeting roughly $600 billion in total compute spend by 2030, months after CEO Sam Altman touted $1.4 trillion in infrastructure commitments. The artificial intelligence company is providing a […]

Read More
Microsoft gaming chief Phil Spencer retires, replaced by ex-Instacart exec Asha Sharma
World

Microsoft gaming chief Phil Spencer retires, replaced by ex-Instacart exec Asha Sharma

Phil Spencer, CEO of Microsoft Gaming, appears at the Political Opening of the Gamescom conference in Cologne, Germany, on Aug. 23, 2023. Franziska Krug | German Select | Getty Images Microsoft’s head of gaming, Phil Spencer, is leaving the software maker following a 38-year tenure, as the company faces increased challenges in its Xbox business. […]

Read More
Traders brace for Trump’s new tariff plan, possible Iran attack and Nvidia earnings
World

Traders brace for Trump’s new tariff plan, possible Iran attack and Nvidia earnings

Wall Street next week is bracing for President Donald Trump’s new tariff plan following Friday’s Supreme Court ruling, at the same time as traders scan for escalating tensions with Iran and look ahead to Nvidia ‘s latest financial results. Stocks swung between gains and losses on Friday after the high court ruled that Trump wrongfully […]

Read More