Trump says Skadden, Arps law firm will provide $100 million in pro bono legal services, avoiding executive order

Trump says Skadden, Arps law firm will provide 0 million in pro bono legal services, avoiding executive order


Trump says Skadden, Arps law firm will provide $100 million in pro bono legal services

President Donald Trump said Friday that the large law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom has agreed to provide at least $100 million in pro bono legal services to the federal government during the Trump administration.

The agreement, which Trump called “essentially a settlement,” calls for other actions and allows Skadden, Arps to avoid becoming the sixth elite law firm to be targeted by an executive order from Trump imposing various punishments.

The deal came five days after the billionaire Elon Musk — one of Trump’s top advisors — tweeted “Skadden, this needs to stop now” in response to a social media post by conservative gadfly Dinesh D’Souza complaining that the firm’s lawyers were litigating against him over a film he produced.

Trump last week rescinded his executive order targeting the law firm Paul, Weiss after that firm agreed to perform $40 million worth of pro bono — free — legal work for causes that the president supports.

FILE PHOTO: Signage is seen outside of the law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP in Washington, D.C., U.S., August 30, 2020. 

Andrew Kelly | Reuters

Earlier Friday, two targeted law firms, WilmerHale and Jenner & Block, filed federal lawsuits against the Trump administration over the executive orders targeting them.

A third targeted firm, Perkins Coie, sued the administration earlier this month.

CNBC has requested comment from Skadden, Arps.

This is breaking news. Please refresh for updates.



Source

White House blasts Boston Globe, CBS News and The Independent for coverage of ‘illegal orders’ video
Politics

White House blasts Boston Globe, CBS News and The Independent for coverage of ‘illegal orders’ video

U.S. President Donald Trump speaks with members of the media following a call with military service members, on Thanksgiving, in Palm Beach, Florida, U.S., Nov. 27, 2025. Anna Rose Layden | Reuters The White House on Friday evening named the Boston Globe, CBS News and The Independent as “media offender of the week,” blasting their […]

Read More
Trump says National Guard member dies after shooting, as ambush becomes political flashpoint
Politics

Trump says National Guard member dies after shooting, as ambush becomes political flashpoint

WASHINGTON, DC – AUGUST 21: U.S. President Donald Trump visits the U.S. Park Police Anacostia Operations Facility on August 21, 2025 in Washington, DC. Anna Moneymaker | Getty Images News | Getty Images President Donald Trump said on Thursday that a National Guard member had died after being shot in an ambush by an Afghan national near the White House, […]

Read More
Two National Guard members in critical condition after shooting near White House: AP source
Politics

Two National Guard members in critical condition after shooting near White House: AP source

An unidentified man in military fatigues lies on a stretcher inside an ambulance November 26, 2025 in downtown Washington, DC. Drew Angerer | AFP | Getty Images Two National Guard members were shot Wednesday near the White House and are in critical condition, according to a law enforcement official not authorized to discuss the matter […]

Read More