Trump says airspace above and surrounding Venezuela to be closed in its entirety

Trump says airspace above and surrounding Venezuela to be closed in its entirety


U.S. President Donald Trump looks on aboard Air Force One during travel to Palm Beach, Florida, from Joint Base Andrews, Maryland, U.S., November 25, 2025.

Anna Rose Layden | Reuters

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday that the airspace above and surrounding Venezuela is to be closed in its entirety.

Trump, in a Truth Social post said: “To all Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers, please consider THE AIRSPACE ABOVE AND SURROUNDING VENEZUELA TO BE CLOSED IN ITS ENTIRETY.”

Last week, the U.S. aviation regulator warned major airlines of a “potentially hazardous situation” when flying over Venezuela due to a “worsening security situation and heightened military activity in or around” the country.

Venezuela revoked operating rights for six major international airlines that had suspended flights to the country following a warning from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration.



Source

U.S. investor Wood lambastes Swatch, proposes overhaul to company’s board, FT reports
World

U.S. investor Wood lambastes Swatch, proposes overhaul to company’s board, FT reports

Swatch external store sign Peter Dazeley | Getty Images News | Getty Images U.S. investor Steven Wood accused Swatch Group of “worst-in-class governance”, proposing changes to the Swiss watchmaker’s board and governance reforms, the Financial Times reported on Saturday. Wood, the founder of GreenWood Investors, which says it holds about 0.5% of Swatch‘s share capital, has […]

Read More
Hong Kong blaze spotlights enduring role of city’s foreign domestic helpers
World

Hong Kong blaze spotlights enduring role of city’s foreign domestic helpers

Firefighters spray water on flames as a major fire burns through several apartment blocks at the Wang Fuk Court residential estate. Sopa Images | Lightrocket | Getty Images Indonesian domestic helper Fita spoke of the confusion inside the Hong Kong high-rise apartment complex as it was engulfed in flames on Wednesday in the city’s deadliest […]

Read More
Hong Kong mourns victims of blaze that killed 128 and counting
World

Hong Kong mourns victims of blaze that killed 128 and counting

Hong Kong’s Chief Executive John Lee (C) and other government officials observe three minutes of silence to mourn victims of the Wang Fuk Court residential estate fire, at the Central government offices in Hong Kong on Nov. 29, 2025. Peter Parks | Afp | Getty Images Hong Kong on Saturday mourned the 128 people known […]

Read More