Trump pays $110,000 fine but must do more to lift contempt order, New York AG’s office says

Trump pays 0,000 fine but must do more to lift contempt order, New York AG’s office says


Former U.S. President Donald Trump attends a rally in Perry, Georgia, U.S. September 25, 2021.

Dustin Chambers | Reuters

Former President Donald Trump paid a $110,000 fine imposed as part of a contempt-of-court order against him, but has failed so far to take all the steps required to lift the order, the New York attorney general’s office said Friday.

Trump has until Friday to fulfill all of the requirements for the contempt order to be purged. If he does not do so, a $10,000 per day fine against him could be reinstated.

Alina Habba, an attorney for Trump, did not immediately respond to CNBC’s request for comment.

Manhattan Supreme Court Judge Arthur Engoron held Trump in contempt last month, after New York Attorney General Letitia James’ office argued that Trump had failed to comply with a subpoena for documents as part of its civil investigation.

The attorney general’s office is probing allegations that the Trump Organization illegally manipulated the stated values of different properties in order to get financial benefits when applying for loans, obtaining insurance policies and paying taxes.

Engoron’s contempt order required Trump to pay $10,000 per day for as long as he failed to comply with the subpoena. Last week, the judge said that he would lift the contempt order if the former president met certain conditions by Friday.

Trump complied with some of those conditions, a spokesperson for James’ office said. Trump paid $110,000 to the office on Thursday, and a digital forensics company completed a required review of his files that same day, according to the spokesperson.

But as of 12:15 p.m. ET on Friday, the former president’s lawyers had not completed a third condition: submitting new affidavits that give more detail about their search for documents sought by the investigators, the spokesperson said.

The $10,000 daily fine against Trump was imposed on April 25. It was halted after Trump’s lawyers on May 6 provided Engoron with 66 pages of documents detailing their efforts to locate the records requested by James’ office.



Source

White House blasts Boston Globe, CBS News and The Independent for coverage of ‘illegal orders’ video
Politics

White House blasts Boston Globe, CBS News and The Independent for coverage of ‘illegal orders’ video

U.S. President Donald Trump speaks with members of the media following a call with military service members, on Thanksgiving, in Palm Beach, Florida, U.S., Nov. 27, 2025. Anna Rose Layden | Reuters The White House on Friday evening named the Boston Globe, CBS News and The Independent as “media offender of the week,” blasting their […]

Read More
Trump says National Guard member dies after shooting, as ambush becomes political flashpoint
Politics

Trump says National Guard member dies after shooting, as ambush becomes political flashpoint

WASHINGTON, DC – AUGUST 21: U.S. President Donald Trump visits the U.S. Park Police Anacostia Operations Facility on August 21, 2025 in Washington, DC. Anna Moneymaker | Getty Images News | Getty Images President Donald Trump said on Thursday that a National Guard member had died after being shot in an ambush by an Afghan national near the White House, […]

Read More
Two National Guard members in critical condition after shooting near White House: AP source
Politics

Two National Guard members in critical condition after shooting near White House: AP source

An unidentified man in military fatigues lies on a stretcher inside an ambulance November 26, 2025 in downtown Washington, DC. Drew Angerer | AFP | Getty Images Two National Guard members were shot Wednesday near the White House and are in critical condition, according to a law enforcement official not authorized to discuss the matter […]

Read More