Take Two sinks 10% on delay of Grand Theft Auto VI to November 2026

Take Two sinks 10% on delay of Grand Theft Auto VI to November 2026


Chris Delmas | AFP | Getty Images

Shares of Take-Two Interactive Software sank 10% during after-hours trading on Thursday after Rockstar Games announced a further delay in the release of Grand Theft Auto VI to November 2026.

“We are sorry for adding additional time to what we realize has been a long wait, but these extra months will allow us to finish the game with the level of polish you have come to expect and deserve,” the company said in a post.

The game, which is one of the most anticipated video games currently in production, is set to launch Nov. 19, 2026.

The first trailer for the game was released in December 2023. GTA VI was initially set for a fall 2025 launch but has faced multiple delays. The company most recently pushed the launch back in May and released another trailer for the game.

“We remain both excited and confident they will deliver an unrivalled blockbuster entertainment experience,” CEO Strauss Zelnick said in a release. “With the most robust pipeline in our Company’s history, we expect to achieve record levels of Net Bookings in Fiscal 2027.”

Take-Two also reported second quarter earnings on Thursday. The company’s revenue increased 33% to $1.96 billion, beating LSEG estimates of $1.72 billion.

The company reported a net loss of $133.9 million, or a loss of 73 cents per share. The loss is not comparable to analyst expectations. The same period last year saw a net loss of $365.5 million, or $2.08 per share.

The video game company raised its bookings outlook for the fiscal year to reach between $6.38 billion and $6.48 billion, up from $6.05 billion to $6.15 billion. The midpoint of the updated range is $6.43 billion, surpassing Wall Street projections of $6.18 billion.

Correction: This story has been updated to reflect that the company reported a loss of 73 cents per share during the quarter. A previous version of this story misstated that number.



Source

National Parent Teacher Association breaks ties with Meta amid child-safety trials
Technology

National Parent Teacher Association breaks ties with Meta amid child-safety trials

Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg leaves the Federal Courthouse in downtown Los Angeles after defending the company in a landmark social media addiction trial in Los Angeles, United States, on February 19, 2026. Jon Putman | Anadolu | Getty Images The National Parent Teacher Association is splitting with Meta as the social media giant’s high-profile child-safety […]

Read More
How the Supreme Court’s decision affects Apple and its .3 billion tariff bill
Technology

How the Supreme Court’s decision affects Apple and its $3.3 billion tariff bill

Tim Cook, chief executive officer of Apple Inc., during the 60th presidential inauguration in the rotunda of the US Capitol in Washington, DC, US, on Monday, Jan. 20, 2025. Bloomberg | Getty Images Apple’s tariff bill has racked up about $1 billion per quarter, but that number should start shrinking following the Supreme Court decision […]

Read More
Beaten-down software stocks RingCentral and Five9 rally as earnings quell some AI concerns
Technology

Beaten-down software stocks RingCentral and Five9 rally as earnings quell some AI concerns

Pavlo Gonchar | Lightrocket | Getty Images Shares of RingCentral and Five9 surged on Friday after earnings from both software firms alleviated recent fears that artificial intelligence is eating away at their business models. RingCentral popped 34%, while Five9 rallied about 14% after topping Wall Street’s estimates and issuing upbeat guidance. Both companies, which provide […]

Read More