Ryanair may get five fewer planes by next summer due to Boeing strike, CEO says

Ryanair may get five fewer planes by next summer due to Boeing strike, CEO says


OAG’s John Grant said not all airlines took a hit because of the Summer Games. Among the “winners,” he singled out Ryanair, which significantly increased capacity to Paris this summer.

Jakub Porzycki | Nurphoto | Getty Images

Ryanair Group CEO Michael O’Leary said on Saturday a prolonged Boeing workers’ strike may cut the number of aircraft it receives by next summer to 20 from an anticipated 25.

O’Leary said his low-cost Irish airline, one of Boeing‘s largest customers, was supposed to receive 30 737 MAX aircraft before summer 2025 but Boeing’s operational issues had already brought that number down to 25.

But now, with this week’s Boeing’s workers’ strike further threatening the airplane maker’s turnaround, O’Leary said Ryanair might only receive 20 planes if the strike continues for three to four weeks.

“I have no doubt that Boeing will fix this strike,” O’Leary told Ireland’s Newstalk Radio. “It may take a number of weeks.”

Workers have been protesting all week in Boeing factories in the Seattle area that assemble Boeing’s MAX, 777 and 767 jets.

Boeing has pledged to grow output by the end of the year, after wrestling with supply chain snags and operating a slower assembly line since a Jan. 5 in-flight blowout of a door plug on a 737 MAX 9 jet that heightened regulatory scrutiny.

O’Leary said it would likely take Boeing two to three years to get back on track.

Boeing and union negotiators will return to the bargaining table early next week as the two sides try to end a strike.



Source

Chaos, confusion and 0 billion dreams: What I saw at India’s AI summit
World

Chaos, confusion and $200 billion dreams: What I saw at India’s AI summit

CNBC’s Arjun Kharpal sits down with OpenAI CEO Sam Altman at the AI Impact Summit. Photo: Yolande Chee Yolande Chee India hosted one of the world’s biggest AI events this week, but it was marred by chaos and confusion, apparently not the message it’s trying to send as it strives to become a leading artificial […]

Read More
Tech giants commit billions to Indian AI as New Delhi pushes for superpower status
World

Tech giants commit billions to Indian AI as New Delhi pushes for superpower status

Tech giants have committed to funneling hundreds of billions of dollars into Indian AI efforts, against the backdrop of a major summit in the country that’s brought together world leaders and AI execs. Record sums are being ploughed into AI as governments and companies across the globe race to roll out the technology. Hyperscalers — […]

Read More
OpenAI resets spending expectations, tells investors compute target is around 0 billion by 2030
World

OpenAI resets spending expectations, tells investors compute target is around $600 billion by 2030

Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI, is pictured on Sept. 25, 2025, in Berlin. Florian Gaertner | Photothek | Getty Images OpenAI is telling investors that it’s now targeting roughly $600 billion in total compute spend by 2030, months after CEO Sam Altman touted $1.4 trillion in infrastructure commitments. The artificial intelligence company is providing a […]

Read More