Jury in Trump rape defamation demo receives charging directions from decide

Jury in Trump rape defamation demo receives charging directions from decide


A screen shows a previous U.S. president Donald Trump’s movie deposition in court docket during a civil demo wherever former Elle magazine guidance columnist E. Jean Carroll accuses the previous U.S. president in a civil lawsuit of raping her in a division retailer dressing room in the mid-1990s, and of defamation, in New York, U.S., May well 4, 2023 in this courtroom sketch. 

Jane Rosenberg | Reuters

A federal decide on Tuesday gave jurors their ultimate guidance right before they had been established to start deliberating at the civil demo in which previous President Donald Trump is accused of raping and defaming the author E. Jean Carroll.

Choose Lewis Kaplan also gave the jury the verdict form it will use during the deliberations in U.S. District Courtroom in Manhattan. If jurors figure out that Carroll proved possibly of her promises, they will make a decision whether or not to award her monetary damages.

Carroll, 79, alleges in a lawsuit that Trump sexually assaulted her in a dressing space of the Bergdorf Goodman division retail outlet in the mid-1990s. She also claims he defamed her last tumble when he explained she had manufactured up the account. Trump referred to as the allegations “a entire con position,” and reported that she was not his “variety.”

CNBC Politics

Read much more of CNBC’s politics coverage:

Trump, who sales opportunities early polls for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, did not testify in the course of the demo.

But parts of his deposition taken last drop by Carroll’s attorney ended up played for jurors for the duration of the demo, and during closing arguments on Monday.

Carroll took the witness stand. So did two girls who testified she experienced advised them suitable right after the alleged incident that Trump experienced raped her.

Two other women of all ages testified that Trump experienced kissed and groped them without the need of their consent in incidents that happened decades apart.

This is breaking information. Look at back for updates.



Source

Supreme Court strikes down Trump tariffs, rebuking president’s signature economic policy
Politics

Supreme Court strikes down Trump tariffs, rebuking president’s signature economic policy

The Supreme Court on Friday struck down a huge chunk of President Donald Trump’s far-reaching tariff agenda, in a major rebuke of the president’s key economic policy. The law that undergirds those import duties “does not authorize the President to impose tariffs,” the majority ruled six to three in a decision Trump had been awaiting. […]

Read More
Labor Secretary’s husband barred from HQ after sexual assault claims, NY Times reports
Politics

Labor Secretary’s husband barred from HQ after sexual assault claims, NY Times reports

Shawn DeRemer, husband of Lori Chavez-DeRemer, U.S. President Trump’s nominee to be secretary of labor, sits, on the day Chavez-DeRemer testifies before a Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee confirmation hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., U.S., Feb. 19, 2025. Kent Nishimura | Reuters At least two female staffers have made allegations […]

Read More
Epstein would ‘name drop’ Trump, Les Wexner says in deposition video
Politics

Epstein would ‘name drop’ Trump, Les Wexner says in deposition video

Les Wexner speaks during a deposition about Jeffrey Epstein. Courtesy: GOP Oversight via YouTube Jeffrey Epstein would “name drop” President Donald Trump as one of the many high-profile people he claimed to know, billionaire retail magnate Leslie Wexner said this week in a congressional deposition about the notorious sex offender. The 88-year-old Wexner, who was […]

Read More