Former WWE boss Vince McMahon resolves SEC charges over undisclosed settlements

Former WWE boss Vince McMahon resolves SEC charges over undisclosed settlements


TKO Executive Chairman of the Board Vince McMahon is seen during a ceremony announcing Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has joined the Board of Directors for TKO at New York Stock Exchange on January 23, 2024 in New York City.

Michelle Farsi | UFC | Getty Images

Former WWE boss Vince McMahon has settled charges filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission related to his failure to disclose to the pro wrestling company’s board settlement agreements totaling $10.5 million with two women on behalf of himself and the WWE, the SEC announced Friday.

McMahon agreed to pay a $400,000 civil penalty and reimburse the WWE $1.33 million after consenting to an order finding that he violated the Securities Exchange Act, the SEC said.

The SEC said that McMahon’s failure to inform the WWE’s board, legal department, accountants or auditor of the settlements “circumvented WWE’s system of internal accounting controls and caused material misstatements in WWE’s 2018 and 2021 financial statements.”

One of the settlement agreements obligated McMahon to pay $3 million to a former WWE employee in exchange for her silence about a relationship with him and her releasing potential legal claims against McMahon and the company.

That woman was not named. But former WWE employee Janel Grant last year filed a federal lawsuit against McMahon, accusing him of sexual assault and trafficking, and alleging that he had agreed to pay her $3 million as part of a nondisclosure agreement. Grant says McMahon only ended up paying her $1 million.

The other deal required McMahon to pay a former independent contractor for WWE who alleged that “McMahon assaulted her and derailed her career after she refused to engage in a sexual relationship with him,” according to the SEC order.

The SEC said that because the agreements with the women were not recorded, WWE overstated its net income for 2018 by about 8% and its 2021 net income by about 1.7%.

This is breaking news. Please refresh for updates.



Source

Democrats rejoice in Supreme Court rebuke of Trump tariffs they have called illegal
Politics

Democrats rejoice in Supreme Court rebuke of Trump tariffs they have called illegal

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) speaks at a press conference with other members of Senate Democratic leadership following a policy luncheon at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC on January 28, 2026. Nathan Posner | Anadolu | Getty Images Congressional Democrats rejoiced on Friday and Republicans remained divided in the wake of a momentous […]

Read More
Watch: Trump speaks after Supreme Court strikes down tariffs
Politics

Watch: Trump speaks after Supreme Court strikes down tariffs

[The stream is slated to start at 12:45 p.m. ET. Please refresh the page if you do not see a player above at that time.] President Donald Trump on Friday speaking at the White House after the Supreme Court struck down his signature tariff policy. Trump will lead a press briefing at the White House […]

Read More
Supreme Court tariff case winner Learning Resources ‘on the right side of history,’ CEO says
Politics

Supreme Court tariff case winner Learning Resources ‘on the right side of history,’ CEO says

Rick Woldenberg, chief executive officer of Learning Resources, arrives at the US Supreme Court in Washington, DC, US, on Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2025. I Eric Lee | Bloomberg | Getty Images The CEO of Learning Resources said Friday that “we’re excited to stand on the right side of history here” after the Supreme Court ruled […]

Read More