Biden authorizes additional $800 million in military assistance for Ukraine

Biden authorizes additional 0 million in military assistance for Ukraine


U.S. military vehicles are parked outside the G2A Arena near the Rzeszow-Jasionka Airport, Poland February 7, 2022.

Kuba Stezycki | Reuters

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden announced another $800 million in military assistance on Wednesday following a phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

The new package will contain previous weapons systems already deployed to the fight in Ukraine as well as “new capabilities tailored to the wider assault we expect Russia to launch in eastern Ukraine,” Biden wrote in a statement announcing the additional arms package.

“These new capabilities include artillery systems, artillery rounds, and armored personnel carriers. I have also approved the transfer of additional helicopters. In addition, we continue to facilitate the transfer of significant capabilities from our allies and partners around the world,” Biden wrote.

The Biden administration said last week that it has provided more than $1.7 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since Russia’s invasion in late February. The U.S. has provided a total of $2.4 billion to Ukraine since the beginning of Biden’s presidency, according to the White House.

This is breaking news. Please check back for updates.



Source

Democrats rejoice in Supreme Court rebuke of Trump tariffs they have called illegal
Politics

Democrats rejoice in Supreme Court rebuke of Trump tariffs they have called illegal

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) speaks at a press conference with other members of Senate Democratic leadership following a policy luncheon at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC on January 28, 2026. Nathan Posner | Anadolu | Getty Images Congressional Democrats rejoiced on Friday and Republicans remained divided in the wake of a momentous […]

Read More
Watch: Trump speaks after Supreme Court strikes down tariffs
Politics

Watch: Trump speaks after Supreme Court strikes down tariffs

[The stream is slated to start at 12:45 p.m. ET. Please refresh the page if you do not see a player above at that time.] President Donald Trump on Friday speaking at the White House after the Supreme Court struck down his signature tariff policy. Trump will lead a press briefing at the White House […]

Read More
Supreme Court tariff case winner Learning Resources ‘on the right side of history,’ CEO says
Politics

Supreme Court tariff case winner Learning Resources ‘on the right side of history,’ CEO says

Rick Woldenberg, chief executive officer of Learning Resources, arrives at the US Supreme Court in Washington, DC, US, on Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2025. I Eric Lee | Bloomberg | Getty Images The CEO of Learning Resources said Friday that “we’re excited to stand on the right side of history here” after the Supreme Court ruled […]

Read More